Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question Paper VIII

Go down

Question Paper VIII Empty Question Paper VIII

Post  Admin Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:57 pm

Question Paper VIII

Answers available at: http://www.geekinterview.com/Global-Interview-Questions/Infosys/Aptitude/page7

1. A person from washington came to india. One evening at 6.00 p m he started walking at the speed of 40 km/hr and climbed the slope at speed of 30 km/hr. From there he walked back to the source at the same speed at 9.00 p m. what is the distance he covered in one way. Ans: 12 kms

2. A Boy has taken a short cut on which there is a railway track that goes through a narrow bridge. When the boy covered 7/16th of the track in the bridge, he heard the whistle of the train. Then he ran out of that bridge, when the train came to that bridge. If he were taken actual root, he would have reached the destination on time, rather taking the shortcut and running out of that bridge. If the boy covers 4km/hr, what was the speed of the train?

3. Jack,Doug and Ann, 3 children had a running race while returning from school.Mom asked who won the race.Then Jack replied" I wont tell u.I wil give u a clue,When Ann takes 28 steps Doug takes 24 steps, meantime I take 21 steps. Jack explained that his 6 steps equals Droug's 7 steps and Ann's 8 steps. Who won the race?

4. Every day a cyclist meets a car at the station. The road is straight and both are traveling in the same direction. The cyclist travels with a speed of 12 Kmph. One day the cyclist comes late by 20 min. and meets the car 5km before the Station. What is the speed of the car?

5. what is the term 3,10,7,8,--,12,9,16.

6. clock strikes once at 1:00, twice at 2:00 & so on. if it takes 6 sec to strikes at 5:00 & 12 sec to strike at 9:00 & also time to strike at 1:00 is negligible than find time spent to strike for 24 hours.

7. A man sells cloths. He sells the cloths for 40% more than the cost price. But the tape he is using to measure the cloths is little smaller & longer than it has to be. Thus the man was able to make only 39% profit. Find the increased or decreased length of the tape.

8. if deepak & suresh were going to school by cycle with 12 mile /hour speed deepak shouted "hey suresh see the same bus of blue color that we have see before 20 minutes ago" suresh replied "ya this buses comes in each 14 minutes on stop" can u find the speed of bus answer 40 mile /hour bt could somebody tell me the approach

9. fifty minutes ago if it was four times as many minutes past three o'clock,how many minutes is it to six o'clock??..can anyone explain how to sove these type of puzzles.....plz help

10. Goerge said.."i bought yellow bananas @ 30 cents/bunch and the same number of red bananas @ 40 cents /each. If i had divided the money evenly then i would have got 2 bunches" to Mr.James and he asked george "What is the amount?" George replied "you hav to tell me the amount". Can you find what is the amount.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-06-13

https://csestudents.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down