Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infosys Aptitude Question Paper III

Go down

Infosys Aptitude Question Paper III Empty Infosys Aptitude Question Paper III

Post  Admin Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:26 pm

Infosys Question Papers III

1. A train travels at a particular speed for a duration of one hour, after which one of its engine malfunctions reducing its speed to 3/5th of the actual speed before theoccurrence of fault in engine. It travels at this speed for 2 hours to reach at itsdestination. If the fault had occurred 50 miles later on, the train would have reachedits destination 45 minutes early. Find the distance traveled by the train.

2. A farmer has C chickens. A sack of feed comes for 9 days. As the feedcost is increasing the farmer sells some chickens and retains 12 chicken. If he reduces thefeed quantity by 10% .Then he observes that the feed comes for 30 days. What is C?

3. Old Man WrinkleMan Wrinkle spent one-fourth of his life as a boy, one-eighth as a youth, and one-half as an active man. If Man Wrinkle spent 8 years as an old man, then how many years did he spend as an active man?

4. The Carpenter and the Nails A 31" x 31" square metal plate needs to be fixed by a carpenter on to a wooden board. The carpenter uses nails all along the edges of the square such that there are 32 nails on each side of the square. Each nailis at the same distance from the neighboring nails. How many nails doesthe carpenter use?

5. Vacation time, It was vacation time, and so I decided to visit my cousin's home. What a grand time we had! In the mornings, we both would go for a jog. The evenings were spent on the tennis court. Tiring as these activities were, we could manage only one per day, i.e., either we went for a jog or played tennis each day. There were days when we felt lazy and stayed home all day long. Now, there were 12 mornings when we did nothing, 18 evenings when we stayed at home, and a total of 14 days

6. Monkeys and bananas:Suppose 8 monkeys take 8 minutes to eat 8 bananas.(a) How many minutes would it take 3 monkeys to eat 3 bananas?Sol:each mky takes 8 min to eat a banana (b) How many monkeys would it take to eat 48 bananas in 48 minutes

7. Glenn and Jack each have a collection of cricket balls. Glenn said that if Jack would give him 2 of his balls they would have an equalnumber; but, if Glenn would give Jack 2 of his balls, Jack would have 2times as many balls as Glenn. How many balls does Jack have?

8. A rich merchant had collected many gold coins. He did not want anybodyto know about them. One day, his wife asked, "How many gold coins do wehave?"After pausing a moment, he replied, "Well! If I divide the coins intotwo unequal numbers, then 37 times the difference between the twonumbers equals the difference between the squares of the two numbers."The wife looked puzzled. Can you help the merchant's wife by findingout how many gold coins?

9. A tennis championship is played on a knock-out basis, i.e., a player is out of the tournament when he loses a match.(a) How many players participate in the tournament if 15 matches are totally played?(b) How many matches are played in the tournament if 50 players totally participate?

10. When I add 4 times my age 4 years from now to 5 times my age 5 years from now, I get 10 times my current age. How old will I be 3 years from now?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-06-13

https://csestudents.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down